* RCA – A crimson and white (for audio) and yellow (for video) connector used for connecting your automobile DVD player on your automobile monitor or your home media center for your widescreen TV.
* RDS – Radio Display (Data) System – The cool characteristic with the capacity to your automobile radio to display exact information which includes the name of the station or the tune call from FM radio signals.
* Receiver – The device that “transmits” your video signal to a display screen which includes a vehicle DVD player. Confusing? Yeah, we realize.
* S-Video – Is a high pleasant cable for NORD Pro Coils analog video indicators that incorporates the video information as separate signals, both brightness and color.
* Sub – Commonly known as a subwoofer. Refers to both a driving force or a complete loudspeaker dedicated to the reproduction of bass audio frequencies, generally from a hundred and fifty Hz down to 20 Hz.
* Toslink – A standardized optical fiber connection system. Its maximum not unusual use is in customer audio device wherein it consists of a virtual audio stream among additives including MiniDisc and CD players and DAT recorders.
* Versatile – a vague term that usually just means “function wealthy”, e.G. A car DVD player that also has a built-in radio and connects with external garage gadgets.
A short guide for novices to the commonplace abbreviations associated with car monitors or car electronics entertainment systems.
The so called car DVD reveal system has received first-rate reputation specially because of lovers of “car modding” or “suped automobiles” – in order you might anticipate with whatever that combines hobbyist fans with cool devices, there’s a fair little bit of jargon to kind thru in particular if you are a automobile audio display beginner.
* Changer – a CD changer; a tool which holds numerous CDs and plays them on demand while not having to eject or manually kind discs. Needless to mention you can now get DVD changers too.
* Crossover – a device that limits the range of frequencies despatched to one of a kind speakers.
* DIN – it basically stands for “Deutsches Institutar Normung” (DIN, the German Institute for Standardization), much like ISO. The relevance for vehicle DVD structures is that DIN means a popular sized dashboard slot, so 1 DIN way the tool takes up one slot, and 2 DIN way the unit is ‘double-decker’ and makes use of the gap of two slots.
Examples of a 1 DIN and a pair of DIN Car Monitors
* DTS – “Digital Theater Systems” multichannel audio – honestly every other surround-sound popular like Dolby Digital 5.1 – Pretty useless to your car but it is some other thing to reveal-off.
* DVD-A – DVD audio – Similar to a tune CD with the exception of more capabilities and higher fine.
* RF – Radio Frequency – Refers to matters consisting of wireless headphones. RF is usually better than Infra Red because you do no longer need to be within the clear unobstructed transmission or line of sight wireless transmitter.
* Inverter – A strength deliver tool that you may plug into your car dashboard cigarette lighter to deliver AC to electricity-disturbing devices.
* In-sprint – A tool which includes a in vehicle DVD player mounted on your dashboard, commonly in the equal slot of your old car radio.
* GPS – Global Positioning System – this basically means navigation / map display software program linking to a signal receiver and a readout in your vehicle screen or display screen.
* GUI – Graphical User Interface – ie: you could manipulate the tool the usage of on-display screen menus, often with a touch display screen screen.
* Headliner – The coverings that make up the ceiling / roof inner your vehicle.
* Modulator – A FM transmitter that turns an audio enter supply, as an instance an MP3 participant or audio line-in, right into a radio sign with the intention to song into the usage of your vehicle stereo.
* Monitor – A display display screen that receives a signal from a car DVD player or vehicle TV tuner – if a product is defined as truely a “Monitor” it commonly manner it does NOT encompass the actual participant such as a car DVD player unit. This is satisfactory in case you are shopping for each unit one by one or you are constructing a complete in-automobile enjoyment system piece by piece.
* Motorized – Where the TFT LCD display screen of the show, typically in a car in sprint unit, neatly folds and slides inner its housing while it isn’t always in use.
Motorized 1 DIN Touch Screen Car Monitor ~ Open & Closed
* Power port – A “powerful” name for the little dashboard cigarette lighter socket